Inspiring Our Youth
To Realise Their Potential

Education Options in the Northern Inland

Do you have children? Need information on schools? Here are some helpful links to get your started:

Special teacher support for children from non-English speaking backgrounds (with limited English ability) can be arranged and is at no extra cost.

Please visit this website to learn more about enrolling non-permanent residents:

You will need to complete an Application Form but there are no international student fee charges for dependents of 489 visa holders, as shown in this downloadable PDF table.

Links to additional information:

Find out about independent schools in New South Wales (and click on North West)

Information about Catholic Schools in the Northern Inland region of New South Wales

University of New England (UNE)

UNE's current positions vacant page

TAFE New England Institute
Dependents of 489sc visas might be eligible for free short English language courses. The more you improve your English, the easier it will be to settle here and feel a part of the community.

Other education and training options include:

New England Community College and the Guyra Adult Learning Association

Tamworth Community College

Community College Northern Inland Inc.

UNE Partnerships (a vocational education and training provider)

Share This Page With Someone
Stay Informed
Subscribe to one or more of our regular email subscriptions, to be kept up to date on news and funding opportunities for the region
Choose Your Subscription(s)
Contact Us
Phone02 6771 0700
Opening Hours 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
(Except Public Holidays)
Address 143 Marsh Street
Armidale NSW 2350
Postal Address PO Box 72
Armidale NSW 2350
Find Us in Google Maps or Apple Maps
© Copyright 2024 Regional Development Australia - Northern Inland
An Australian Government Initiative